Chateau Montifaud Pineau des Charentes Blanc Vieux 75cl 17% ABV
Brand: Chateau Montifaud
Style: Dessert Wine
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Chateau Montifaud Pineau Des Charentes Blanc Vieux
The name Chateau de Montifaud has a historically link to the land where the distillery sits. Many years ago it was the location of a castle. Which is why the word “chateau” is permitted to be used, a rarity in cognac.
Documents show that the Vallet family has been making cognac here since 1837, though the family believes production started even earlier. Sixth generation Laurent Vallet currently runs the business, taking over from his father Michel in 2010.
Chateau Montifaud Pineau Des Charentes Blanc Vieux is the result of stopping the grape juice fermentation within hours of the pressing by blending it with cognac that is at least one year old - a process that originally occurred by mistake in 1589. This leaves an unmistakable sweetness tempered by a fresh fruit character.
- Dominant tones range from fresh to gilded straw, then honey, with the gold becoming more intense with age
- Hues of apple green, silver or gold follow
- Pineau are limpid and of great brilliance
- Aromas of white and yellow fruit, honey and acacia blossom
- Ageing in wooden barrels gives notes of "rancio": ripe and dried fruit, hazelnut, grilled almond, vanilla and buttered toast