Warre's Late Bottled Vintage Port 2009 In Wooden Presentation Gift Box 75cl
Style: LBV Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Warre's Late Bottled Vintage Port 2009 In Wooden Presentation Gift Box
The highest awarded LBV port and presented in a luxury wooden gift box.
- Deep-coloured, dark red centre with just a hint of age showing through on the dark red rim
- The backbone provided by the large Touriga Nacional component is evident in the fragrant, floral nose of roses and violets
- The palate is generous and sumptuous with black fruit and liquorice flavours
- Balanced by schist tannins and the fresh acidity typical of Warre’s bottle-matured wines
- Hallmark balance and elegance, as well as structure
- This wine may be broached now, although it will repay keeping for up to a further decade
The Warre’s 2009 late bottled vintage port spent four years maturing in wood. Bottling took place in 2013 without any fining or filtering. Spending another six years ageing in the bottle at the Warre’s lodge in Vila Nova de Gaia prior to sale.
It is usual for Warre’s LBVs to continue ageing in bottle in the Warre’s lodge for a longer period than required by law. This is 4 years in bottle, after four years in wood.
This prolonged ageing, first in wood and then in bottle is key to the development of the sumptuous nose and flavours.