Taylor's LBV Port 2018 75cl
Style: LBV Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Taylors LBV Port 2018 Gift Boxed
As usual, this LBV port shares the pedigree of the great Taylor vintage ports but is made in an approachable style. Ready for drinking now by the glass.
- Deep ruby-black core and narrow red rim with purple highlights
- The intense and youthful nose displays very fine, complex red and black berry fruit aromas
- Ripe strawberry notes and discreet leafy, herbal scents are in a powerful redolence of dark brambly woodland fruit and blackcurrant jam
- As is typical of Taylor’s, the nose is beautifully with very fine, focused fruit
- The palate has impressive density and vigour, with thick, mouth filling tannins providing both structure and body
- Luscious berry fruit flavours linger into the long finish
- Serve the wine between 16ºC to 18ºC
Pair Taylors LBV port 2018 with fully flavoured cheeses, especially blue cheeses such as Stilton or Roquefort. It is very delicious with desserts made with chocolate or berry fruits.
Taylor’s are pioneers of the LBV category, developed to satisfy the demand for a high quality ready-to-drink port. Unlike vintage port, where bottling is after two years in wood and ages in the bottle, bottling of LBV is after four to six years. Then is ready to drink when bottled.
Taylor’s continues to lead the LBV category of port worldwide. Even though many other shippers now also produce an LBV. Wines used to blend LBV are from some of the best full bodied red ports, produced at the 2016 harvest. Using grapes grown on Taylor’s own vineyards and on other top properties in the Cima Corgo and Douro Superior areas.