Kopke Colheita Port 2001 75cl
Style: Colheita Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Kopke Colheita Port 2001
A Kopke of high quality, made from one single harvest. A colheita wine matures in oak barrels for periods of time that can vary, but never less than 7 years. It is then bottled and sold according to the demands of the market.
- Rusty ruby in colour with a tawny edge
- The nose offers raspberry, raisins, toffee, cherry cough drop and mocha aromas
- Medium weight, warming and dry on the palate
- Laser like acidity keeps it in check, with flavours of strawberry, citrus, a back drop of pecan and some mild-mannered mouth coating tannins
- The finish is long but shows a bit of the warming spirit
- Chill before serving which reveals all its finesse and sophistication
- Best served at a temperature between 12 and 14°C
Kopke colheita port 2001 pairs with desserts made with caramel, dried fruits and spices, like caramel fondant with apple and ginger jelly and cheeses of minimum intensity.
Every wine tells a story. Kopke's Colheitas, however, tell a unique story. To taste a port is to taste history and in the case of this vintage port, it means remembering a remarkable event like the beginning of the third millennium of our current Era.