Taylors Very Very Old Tawny Port In Luxury Decanter 75cl
Style: Tawny Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Taylors Very Very Old Tawny Port In Luxury Decanter
This release is a unique blend of the oldest wines to date. This creation is from a selection of rare lots matured in wood in Taylor’s cellars, some of which have been quietly concentrating to a magical quintessence since before the Second World War.
There are only 3,000 bottles available of this Taylors very very old tawny port in luxury decanter.
- Deep chestnut brown at the centre gradually fading to amber and a narrow edge of pale straw at the rim
- The age of this magical port is immediately evident
- The nose is intense but finely constituted and the aromas remarkably delicate and ethereal given its great age
- Undertones of butterscotch, dried figs and freshly ground coffee intermingle with marzipan and sultana to give the wine an opulent, plum pudding character but this remains discreetly in the background and is lifted by fresh notes of orange peel and apricot
- Hints of vanilla, cedar wood and cinnamon provide a subtle spicy redolence
- On the palate the VVOP has a light touch displaying bright acidity and perfect balance
- Holds massive reserves of aroma which emerge on the long finish in a seemingly endless mellow surge
- Very few ports retain such balance and finesse after so many years maturing in cask.
Serve Taylor’s very very old tawny port after a meal, slowly savoured as a dessert in its own right. However, given the wine’s incredible freshness, bright acidity and concentration it will also combine beautifully with the flavours of figs, almonds and caramel. A decadent creme brulee even some wild strawberries.