Penfolds Grandfather 20 Year Old Rare Tawny In Luxury Gift Box 75cl
Region: South Australia
Style: Tawny Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Penfolds Grandfather 20 Year Old Rare Tawny
The Grandfather name dates to 1915, when an oak cask containing the finest blend of available tawny was set aside for the exclusive use of the Penfold family.
With a core selection of cabernet, grenache, mataro and shiraz. Grandfather rare tawny sources fruit from vineyards specifically selected for fortified wine production.
- Deep tawny colour with a distinctive yellow-green edge
- Characteristic of extended wood maturation
- Integrating on the nose are raisin, fruitcake, liquorice and roasted walnuts
- The palate boasts classic Penfolds fruitcake, alongside liquorice and oak flavours
- Sweet and round mid palate
- A persistent finish
Penfolds Grandfather 20 year old rare tawny pairs perfectly with stilton or gorgonzola.
Blending Grandfather rare tawny for a minimum average age of 20 years, means you can store for cellaring but it can be drunk on release.