Taylors Quinta De Vargellas Vinha Velha Vintage Port 2017 75cl
Style: Vintage Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Taylors Quinta De Vargellas Vinha Velha Vintage Port 2017
Quinta De Vargellas is pre-eminent among the wine estates of the Douro. Found in the wild and hilly eastern reaches of the Douro valley, it has been a source of the finest port wines since the 1820s. Today it ranks among the great vineyards of the world.
A Quinta de Vargellas vintage port is generally more early maturing than the declared Taylor’s vintages. Often quite approachable when young, they will nevertheless mature well for many years if laid down.
- An impenetrable ruby black core with a narrow purple rim
- The nose is beautifully balanced and complete, revealing multiple layered aromas as it opens up in the glass
- A delightful combination of dense, dark berries, with brambly woodland fruit, cassis and black cherry aromas
- This rich fruit has an attractive flinty, mineral edge and a discreet pungency of wild herbs and cedar wood
- As the wine evolves, evocative aromas of beeswax, leather and cigars emerge
- The palate has thick granular tannins and packed with dense black and red berry fruit flavour that rises to a crescendo on the finish
A wine of majestic scale and proof that 2017 was an exceptional year for old vines. Awarded 18.5/20 by Jancis Robinson.
Pair Taylors Quinta De Vargellas Vinha Velha vintage port 2017 with walnuts, dried apricots and figs and blue cheese.