Taylors 40 Year Old Tawny Port In Branded Gift Box 75cl
Style: Tawny Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Taylors 40 Year Old Tawny Port In Branded Gift Box
Taylors 40 year old tawny port is a very rare old tawny blend, produced in limited quantities. Selected red ports produced in the eastern areas of the Douro Valley, are matured in seasoned oak casks in Taylor’s cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia.
Here the cool and damp coastal climate encourages a slow and gentle ageing process producing aromas of great complexity and finesse.
- A sublime port of very great age which shows the old olive-gold hue of its many years in cask
- Decades of evaporation have concentrated this extraordinary wine to an exceptional density
- Powerful nose of dried fruit, honey and a touch of spice
- Impressions of nutmeg, roasted coffee and an intense nuttiness converge both in the bouquet and on the palate
- The wine´s rich, intense, voluptuous, almost viscous texture culminate in a finish of incredible length
- Decades of evaporation and ageing in wood have concentrated this wine
- Intense and complex nutty and spicy aromas and a dense and concentrated palate full of rich mellow flavour
An excellent accompaniment to many desserts. It combines well with flavours of figs, almonds and caramel. It is an excellent for a creme brulee or a plate of wild strawberries. Enjoy this tawny port on its own, at the end of the meal, with walnuts or dried fruit.