Fonseca Vintage Port 2016 75cl
Style: Vintage Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Fonseca Vintage Port 2016
The weather pattern leading up to the 2016 harvest was unusual meaning that ripening was gradual, contributing to this exceptional quality port. Cool nights meant long, well-balanced fermentations and gentle extraction.
- Dense purple black with a narrow purple rim
- The nose opens with very fine pure black fruit, a fusion of black cherry, cassis and blackberry jam aromas
- Notes of crushed mint, an ethereal fragrance of violets and undertones of ripe tropical fruit
- The year has added an additional layer of purity and refinement to the subtle, complex fruit character
- An attractive minerality
- The palate is supported by a vibrant acidity and taut, wiry tannins that provide structure but also texture and volume
- The fresh berry flavours carry into the long finish
- A finely crafted and perfectly balanced vintage port
Try this wine with top end cheese, especially cheddar and blue veined, treacle tart and a chocolate pot with cherry syrup.
The Fonseca vintage port 2016 has the finely constituted fruit which is a hallmark of the house style, with an attractive minerality. It is worth noting the quality of the tannins, one of the key attributes of the 2016 vintage. This was a year of low yields which reflects the amount of vintage port available.