Taylors Very Old Single Harvest 1970 Vintage Port In Wooden Gift Box 75cl
Style: Vintage Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Taylors Very Old Single Harvest 1970 Vintage Port In Wooden Gift Box
Taylor's Port holds one of the most extensive reserves of very old cask aged port of any producer. They include a collection of rare Single Harvest Ports. These are ports from a single year which age to full maturity in seasoned oak casks and display the year of harvest on the label.
Taylor’s has decided to make a limited release, each year, of a Single Harvest Port made 50 years previously. The seventh in the series is the Taylors Very Old Single Harvest 1970.
- Pale mahogany core surrounded by a broad pale gold rim with subtle olive highlights
- On first impression, the wine is lifted and ethereal but soon begins to unfurl layer after layer of multi-dimensional aroma
- First to emerge are notes of sawn wood and cigar leaf, against a background of cedar, balsam and citrus
- Warmer, mellow redolence of marzipan, walnut and coffee, notes of sultana and plum and spicy hints of black pepper and cardamom
- Finally, the nose opens up a discreet savoury dimension, with hints of toast and wild herbs
- On the palate, the wine has a smooth, velvety texture. Rich, dense and sumptuous, it coats the tongue with opulent mellow flavour, coffee and butterscotch with hints of walnut and candied orange peel, but with a remarkable freshness
- Lively acidity which runs through the palate into the extraordinary long finish
A wonderfully elegant vintage port, finely constituted and beautifully matured port delivering a surge of rich flavour with every sip.