Taylors Historical Reserve Limited Edition Tawny Port 75cl
Style: Tawny Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Taylors Historical Reserve Limited Edition Tawny Port
This 75cl bottle of Taylors Historical Reserve Limited Edition Tawny Port comes in a branded harden carboard gift box. A fantastic port gift for any occasion.
- This tawny port is beautifully mature and complex nose, full of evocative, subtle nuances
- Aromas of plum, fig and sultana blend with a mellow redolence of marzipan and butterscotch
- Hints of cigar box, cedarwood and leather add an exotic dimension to the nose
- The wine is seductively round and smooth with discreet, beautifully integrated tannins adding an attractive dryness and grip
- The wine is full of rich, fruit cake flavours with some fresh plum character emerging on the long finish
- Best when paired with a cheese board
Launched in tribute to Taylor’s pioneering spirit, this limited release is a treasure among Taylor’s enthusiasts and will undoubtedly build upon Taylor’s legendary collectors status.
This bottle was inspired by the ‘chestnut’ shaped wine bottles manufactured in England between about 1715 and 1740. During 1720 and 1730 in Britain 'chestnut' wine bottles were relatively unusual but their use in continental Europe was more widespread.
This particular variant has a narrow oval profile and described as having a 'flat chestnut' shape.
These ‘chestnut’ bottles usually held more wine than earlier ‘onion’ bottles or the more cylindrical types that followed them. Like this special edition bottle, by about 1730 full sized 'chestnut’ bottles held around a litre of wine.