Taylors Vintage Port 2018 75cl
Style: Vintage Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Taylors Vintage Port 2018
Taylors are one of the leading port houses, founded by Job Bearsley in 1692. Today the estate is led by Adrian Bridge, with David Guimaraens as head winemaker.
Taylors vintage port is one of the great iconic wines. Made only in the very finest years, blending vintage port with the best produce of the Quinta de Vargellas, Quinta de Terra Feita, and Quinta do Junco estates.
After each harvest, the tasting panel selects the finest port wines from the three properties, leaving them to age for two winters in oak vats.
They taste them again in their second Spring. If they find the wines to be of exceptional quality, they blend the port wines of the three estates together. Vargellas bringing structure, elegance and complexity to the wine and Terra Feita and Junco body, depth, and powerful, concentrated fruit.
- Taylors vintage port 2018 has an impressive purple-black core
- There is an intense burst of powerful woodland fruit, and a dense coulis of blackberry and blackcurrant
- The discreet notes of cherry and mocha infuse the black fuit aromas
- A familiar veil of violet scent hangs over the wine, together with a fragrance of rose petal and wild, minty herbal aromas
- On the palate, the wine has beautifully ripe tannins, which integrate perfectly into the mid-palate, providing both structure and volume
- It finishes with a firm wiry, grip