Fonseca Crusted Port In Wooden Gift Box 75cl
Style: Crusted Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Fonseca Crusted Port In Wooden Gift Box
Crusted is a traditional style and Fonseca is one of very few houses that continue to produce it. It is a blend of rich, full-bodied Ports bottled without fining or filtration.
- Powerful aromatic bouquet
- Dark berry fruits on the nose and mouth
- Great layers of complexity and flavour
- Plump raisin, spice, eucalyptus notes as well as the berry fruit flavours
- An elegant and finely balanced wine
- Perfect finish to any meal
- It benefits from being decanted
- Serve in a generously proportioned wine glass so that its rich fruity nose can be enjoyed to the full
- Excellent with fully flavoured cheeses
- It is also delicious with desserts made with chocolate or berry fruits
The port is matured for a short time in barrel and then rested in the bottle for three years prior to release. During this period the sediment, which is always unfiltered, forms a crust in the bottle. Therefore giving you a “vintage character” without a vintage price tag.
The complexity and layers of flavours are truly stunning. The rich characters of sweet blueberry and raisin are followed by subtle eucalyptus notes and a marzipan finish. Due to the youthfulness of this Port, decanting will indeed help develop flavours, but it is not vital as a ‘crust’ has yet to form.
This traditional Fonseca crusted port already displays attractive bottle maturity. Drinking superbly now, it is the perfect wine with which to celebrate a special occasion but those preferring to keep it in their cellars can expect it to continue improving in bottle.