Bara Brith Mead Cocktail
Celebrating St David's Day with our own twist on the Bara Brith mead cocktail.
Bara Brith cocktail is a delicious and refreshing drink that combines traditional Welsh ingredients.
50ml Penderyn madeira cask
20ml Afon Mel ginger mead
15ml Raisin, breakfast tea, and Heather honey syrup*
Juice of half a lemon
*150g caster sugar, 150ml Welsh brew breakfast tea, 1 heaped tea spoon of Afon Mel heather honey & 50g raisins.
- Make a standard cup of tea without milk or sugar
- When ready, remove teabag, and measure out 150ml and add to a pot with the rest of the syrup ingredients
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake vigorously with ice for 30 seconds
- Strain out ice and shake again for a further 30 seconds
- Pour into a glass filled with ice and garnish with an Afol Mel honey walnut
Source: Scottish Mixology
The Bara Brith mead cocktail is a perfect balance of sweet and tart flavours. The honey in the mead and honey syrup adds a subtle sweetness to the drink, while the fresh lemon juice provides a tartness that balances the sweetness.
The Bara Brith fruit loaf is the perfect finishing touch to the cocktail, adding a fruity, cake-like flavour that complements the the drink.
A delicious drink that is sure to impress your guests. It is perfect for a special occasion or for enjoying on a warm summer evening. So why not give it a try and experience the flavours of Wales in a refreshing mead cocktail?