Taylor's Very Old Single Harvest Vintage Port 1971 In Wooden Gift Box 75cl
Style: Vintage Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Taylor's Very Old Single Harvest Vintage Port 1971
Taylor’s holds one of the most extensive reserves of very old cask aged port of any producer. They include a collection of rare Single Harvest Ports. These are ports from a single year which age to full maturity in seasoned oak casks and display the year of harvest on the label.
The eighth in the series is the Taylor's Very Old Single Harvest Vintage Port 1971.
- Subtle hints of tobacco leaf, faded rose petal and black tea
- Spicy aromas of black pepper and scents of orange flower combine to give the wine an attractive aromatic character
- Surprisingly light, ethereal and intense but not overwhelming
- The impression of lightness continues into the palate
- Enjoy a roundness and silky texture, balanced by a fresh, perfectly integrated acidity
- Attractive lift to the long aed mellow finish
Taylor’s is the archetypal port house and its wines the quintessential ports. Established over three centuries ago in 1692, Taylor’s is one of the oldest of the founding port houses. Their finest styles come from the dedication of port wine.
These three iconic properties, each occupying a distinct geographic location and with their own unique character. This making them the cornerstone of the company’s success and the main source of its unique and inimitable house style.