Taylors Quinta De Vargellas Vinha Velha Vintage Port 2009 75cl
Style: Vintage Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Taylors Quinta De Vargellas Vinha Velha Vintage Port 2009
The vintage port 2009 is an exceptional and rare wine made from the grapes of the oldest vines on the estate. These vines, some planted over 70 years ago, have very small yields but produce wines of great concentration and power.
2009 was a year of very low yields, due to the relatively small amount of fruit produced by all vine varieties and in part to the very dry summer. The small amount of fruit and the dry summer meant that musts from the old vines were more concentrated. Showing very high levels of sugar, tannin and colour.
- Deep purple black with narrow rim
- The nose is quintessential Vargellas taken to a sublime level
- Powerful linear fruit, plum, black cherry and cassis set against a dark exotic background of rosewood and clove
- The heady fragrance of violets contributes to the sense of transcendent, multi layered complexity
- The palate has dense thick textured tannins, coated with sumptuous fruit flavour, giving the wine massive volume, weight and grip
- But it is on the long, rich tannic finish that the wine displays its resilience and energy.
Taylors Quinta De Vargellas Vinha Velha vintage port 2009 pairs with mature blue cheese. Think Stilton, Roquefort, Gorgonzola and Saint Agur Blue.