Ramos Pinto Vintage Port 2000 In Wooden Box 75cl
Brand: Ramos Pinto
Style: Vintage Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Ramos Pinto Vintage Port 2000 In Wooden Gift Box
Ramos Pinto vintage ports are prepared in their winery at Quinta do Bom Retiro, where the grapes are crushed by foot in large stone troughs called Lagares. A two-year ageing process takes place in oak barrels at Vila Nova de Gaia's historic wine cellars.
2000 was a small harvest, resulting in wine of rich concentration.
- Ramos Pinto vintage port 2000 is exceptionally dark in colour with blue undertones
- Complex aromas of red fruit compote and plum crumble with notes of dark chocolate, liquorice, star anise, clove, nutmeg, and vanilla
- Elegant and well-structured on the palate, extremely full-bodied and full of fruit flavours
- A poised concentration and firm tannins that give it great ageing potential
- A warm finish that is long-lasting and velvety
Perfect served with chocolate desserts or a cheeseboard, think stilton, gorgonzola, and other full-fat cheeses. Open two hours before serving and decanting.
Winter was exceptionally dry with virtually no rain. However, cool and wet weather set in during April and persisted into May. This slowed down vine development and flowering and led to poor fruit set. This set the scene for one of the smallest harvests in many years.
In June, ideal dry weather conditions prevailed. The summer was not one of extreme heat. September began with an unusually hot period, leading to a rapid advancement in maturity. When the vintage started, the fruit was in excellent condition, the grapes looking slightly ‘raisined’ characteristic of good port grapes.