Quinta Do Noval Vintage Port 2012 75cl
Brand: Quinta Do Noval
Style: Vintage Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Quinta Do Noval Vintage Port 2012
- Deep, opaque purple colour with a hint of garnet at the rim
- It has a dense and concentrated appearance, indicating its age and quality
- The aroma is intense and inviting, revealing layers of dark fruits such as blackberries, black cherries, and plums
- There are also notes of dried figs, raisins, and hints of dark chocolate, contributing to its complexity
- This vintage port showcases a full-bodied and luscious palate
- It offers a symphony of flavours, with ripe black fruits dominating the forefront
- The finish is remarkably long and lingering, leaving an impression of sweetness and elegance
2012 was an extremely dry and cold winter, followed by a very wet spring and a dry summer, which reduced grape production overall. Mild temperatures through the year enabled the vines to reach excellent maturity. Whilst yields were low, the grapes were small but perfectly formed with outstanding flavour, freshness, and good acidity.
The result is a vintage port which, according to wine-making director Antonio Agrellos “Is a classic example of the Quinta do Noval style and a worthy addition to the recent Quinta do Noval declarations such as 2011, 2008 and 2007”.
Quinta do Noval vintage port 2012 is a blend of 70% Touriga Nacional, 25% Touriga Franca and 5 % Tinto Cao. The grapes were trodden by foot with fermentation in traditional lagares. Maturing for 18 months in wooden barrels.
Quinta do Noval suggest that you enjoy this 2012 vintage port 4 to 40 years after bottling.