Chateau Climens Barsac 1er Cru Classe 2009 37.5cl
Brand: Chateau Climens
Style: Dessert Wine
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Chateau Climens Barsac 1er Cru Classe 2009
The philosophy of Chateau Climens is crafting wines like a true goldsmith. In creating the wines they seek the special grace that only the terroir at Climens can produce. It is a harmonious and magical wine that takes flight and remains weightless.
- A wonderfully complex and expansive Climens
- Creamy, luscious richness, balanced by an enchanting citrus freshness, which gives the wine a lift
- Pale gold
- Fragrant nose of green tea, chamomile, powdered ginger, lemon marmalade and fallen leaves
- Suggestions of spice cake and preserved mandarin peel
- The palate is super intense with vibrant, energetic fruit and layer upon layer of perfume and spice nuances, finishing very long and incredibly youthful
- Drink now until 2050
Pair Chateau Climens Barsac 1er Cru Classe 2009 with foie gras, cheese or fruity dessert.
Chateau Climens is a wine producer located in the Sauternes village of Barsac on the left bank of the Gironde river, south of Bordeaux. It was classified as a first growth in the 1885 Classification of Sauternes and Barsac alongside other chateaux such as Guiraud and Suduiraut.
Climens is one of only a handful of chateaux in Bordeaux that produces its wines from only one grape: Semillon. The dessert wine is characterised by fresh citrus notes, white flowers and spice, which becomes more honeyed and concentrated with age.