Boekenhoutskloof Noble Late Harvest 2018 37.5cl
Country: South Africa
Style: Dessert Wine
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Boekenhoutskloof Noble Late Harvest 2018
- Aromas of ripe mandarin, orange blossom, angelica and gentle whiffs of lemon curd
- Slight smokiness and a hint of crushed gravel
- Layered fruit is offered on the palate with flavours of lemongrass, tangerine
- Perfect balance of oak spiciness and nuances of fenugreek, tarragon and dill
- The mid-palate is full, rich and hugely complex, with attractive weight and a creamy, cedary character
- Tremendous ageing potential
- The finish is clean, dry and flinty with a complex lemon, citrus peel and grapefruit character
- Notes of celeriac, chamomile and fennel lingering in the mouth
Serve Boekenhoutskloof Noble Late Harvest 2018 at 8.0°C. Pair with white meats, cured cheeses and rice dishes.
Boekenhout is an indigenous Cape Beech tree for making fine furniture. The Boekenhoutskloof label features seven chairs. The country-style 18th century split splat chair made in the neo-classical style with a shouldered top rail and thonged seat.
Then there’s the Sandveld chair that has two back rails and a thonged seat which made its appearance in the second quarter of the 19th century. The Tulbagh chair from the late 18th century, it has a plain back and a shaped top rail with half-round opening.
The chairs on the wine label all pay tribute to the skills of the 18th century craftsmen and their achievements in creating beauty from natural sources, just like the pursuit of fine wine-making.