Taylors Vintage Port 2009 Half Bottle 37.5cl
Style: Vintage Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Taylors Vintage Port 2009 Half Bottle
Taylors Vintage Port 2009 combine the massive structure and powerful fruitiness of the harvest with elegance, poise and finesse.
- Inky black with purple rim
- A nose of great purity opening on a vigorous note of concentrated black woodland fruit laced with raspberry and plum
- A dense fruity core, with its attractive vibrancy and minerality
- Fragrant and complex aura of citrus fruit blossom and wild herbal scents of mint and lavender
- Supported by a tight warp of thick sinewy tannins
- The palate explodes with concentrated ripe black fruit flavour which surges into a long finish before being gripped in a tight tannic embrace
2009 was a year of very low yields. This was partly due to the small amount of fruit and also to the effect of the very dry ripening season. Bud burst started in the first week of March. All vine varieties showed low fertility although the vegetation was healthy and vigorous. Vérasion (colouring of the grapes) also occurred earlier than usual.
The ripening season started with relatively cool weather which continued throughout July but in August this turned to intense heat. From July right through to the harvest in September, there was almost no rain. These hot, arid conditions produced concentrated musts, rich in colour, tannins and sugar.