Fonseca 1985 Vintage Port 75cl
Style: Vintage Port
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) £5.95
Next Working Day Delivery (Order by 2pm) £7.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) £10.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
*Excludes bank holidays*
Sending A Gift?
We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient.
Fonseca 1985 Vintage Port
Fonseca vintage ports have a voluptuous rich fruit, mouthfilling density, tannic structure and ‘grip’. They are wines of breed, balance and great complexity.
- Deep inky ruby with a broad red rim just turning to brick at the edge
- Generous and seductive nose redolent of blackcurrant and cherry
- Dense, luscious black fruit laced with dark chocolate, liquorice and roasted coffee
- Exotic herbal and resiny scents emerge an hour after decanting
- Later the fruit becomes more luscious and creamier, with rich raspberry jam flavours overlaying the dark fruity base
- The full round palate has thick tannins and delivers an abundance of luscious chocolate and blackcurrant flavour which lingers into the long velvety finish
- A wine poised between youth and maturity
Walnuts are an excellent accompaniment to vintage port, as are blue and other richly flavoured cheeses. So too are dried fruits such as apricots or figs. Alternatively, simply savour the rich and complex flavours of the wine on their own in a generously proportioned glass with good company.
The ideal storage conditions are up to 16º Celsius and most importantly at a constant temperature. The bottle should rest on its side, thus keeping the cork moist and therefore an effective seal.
When decanting the wine, stand the bottle upright a few hours before drinking to allow the collected sediment to fall to the bottom of the bottle.