At The Cotswold Port Co. we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, IP address, operating system, access times, what browser you are using and other communication data.
- Our website is tracked using Google Analytics. To view their respective privacy polices including the information collected and details on opting out, please use the following links: http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/tos.html
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, using our form on the Contact Us page.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers.
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Cookies set on our sites by our commercial service providers
We use a range of third party services on our site, these services include:
Google Analytics provide anonymised statistical information for us. They process IP addresses and information from other cookies used on our sites so we know how many page views we have, how many users we have, what browsers they are using (so we can target our resources in the right way to maximise compatibility for the majority of our users) and, in some cases, in which country, city or region they are located. These cookies include: __gads, __utma, __utmb, __utmc and __utmz
Setting up your browser to control or delete cookies
You can find up-to-date information clearly explaining how to control or delete cookies on your Windows PC or Apple Mac at www.aboutcookies.org
To control or delete cookies on your mobile phone, please refer to your handset manufacturer’s help manual.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products or services within our group of companies, subsidiaries, related companies and affiliates, which we feel may be of interest to you.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- Personalise your experience.
If you are a previous or existing customer, we may contact you with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Furthermore, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated products and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these products and services by any methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
You may stop these messages at any time by emailing us or opting-out using the opt-out tool at the bottom of the email communication.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal and non-personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, subsidiaries, related companies or affiliates.
We may also disclose your personal and non-personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our products through a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
- Please note that we do not collect any personal information from children under thirteen years of age and that no child under thirteen should submit any personal information to any of the Sites. Should we discover that any such personal information has been delivered to any of the Sites, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
We reserve the right to revise this privacy statement or any part of it from time to time. Please review the privacy statement periodically for changes.